Botox Aftercare Instructions
Serving Denver, Broomfield, Westminster, Boulder, Arvada, and surrounding areas
It takes between 3-7 days for the results of your Botox treatment to be fully noticeable. At times, results may look slightly uneven at first, as the Botox may “kick in” at different rates.
Within First Hour after Botox treatment:
- Gently exercise the muscle areas that you have received the Botox treatment by making facial expressions: frowning, smiling, gently raising the eyebrows and squinting. It will assist the injection to spread in the relevant muscle.
- For the first 24 hours, do not receive a facial or microdermabrasion treatment, and avoid rubbing or massaging the treatment area for the first 24 hours.
Within Three Hours after Botox treatment:
Do not lie down or do strenuous activities. Try to avoid long periods of bending over – such as tying shoe laces or doing yoga, as the
Botox can possibly migrate to the elevating muscle of your upper eyelid causing a lid drop. Will there be Bruising and Swelling? Small red spots or bumps might be visible on the skin after the injections and there can be minor bruising. While bruising is rare, if you are a person who bruises easily, you may expect to see some minor bruising around the injection sites. Bruises may last a few days, and will fade normally. To help alleviate bruising, we recommend the topical application of Arnica, a natural ointment commonly used to reduce bruising. You can find Arnica in the natural foods section of your grocery store, or at local pharmacies. Botox aftercare treatment for any side effects:
- Some patients might experience a mild headache after receiving Botox.
- Applying lightweight cold compressions or ice to the treated area for a few minutes after treatment may help to resolve red spots or bruises.
Pre-and Post- Treatment of the Skin: Enhancing your results
- For most patients, the benefits of Botox treatments can be enhanced by using a medical-grade skincare system, such as the Obagi line. Products containing Vitamin-C can strengthen the skin and improve laxity and texture. Additionally, use of Tretonoin (or Retin-A) helps rebuild cells in the skin’s epidermis (or top layer). Over time, Tretonoin can strengthen skin, improving firmness and resiliency.
- 98% of skin damage (aging, wrinkles, dark spots, and hyper-pigmentation) is caused by sun damage. Wearing sunscreen is critical to maintaining the look and health of your skin. Sunscreen should be re-applied after every 4 hours of sun exposure. Dr. Janowski recommends a sunscreen with an SPF 45 or greater.
The results of Botox are best with regular and continued treatments over time.
Be sure to schedule your next visit within 3 months for optimal and continuous results.
*Results may vary from patient to patient