Our CEO’s NEW Skin Care Regimen – for healthy, glowing skin!
Ok, I’ll admit it. I am a skin care junkie. I am incredibly fortunate to get to experience and sample some of the best skin care products in the world. And I LOVE IT. I was that teenage girl making face masks from oatmeal and hair conditioner from mayonnaise – so to get the continue that love for self-care and experimentation as an adult is a true joy!
While I have long been an educator and an advocate about medical-grade skin care, I am also excited to blend in some luxury, unique organic offering to our line.
Medical-grade skin care is lab tested (meaning it has to prove what it claims) and able to offer ingredients in higher concentrations than over-the-counter skin care, meaning you get better results. Products that fall in under this category (and that everyone could use) are Vitamin-C serums, Retin-A, and (for most fair skinned people) Hydroquinone. I also highly prefer medical-grade sunscreen with a physical block (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) to protect your skin from the number one source of aging, the sun.
In the last six months, I have also been vetting, researching and curating organic skin care products that support our current offerings. These are products that are unique, good for all skin types, and offer a luxurious experience -from the way they smell to the way they feel. I also think they offer the best moisture around, better than what some of our medical grade partners offer.
All of these new products are eco-friendly and allow me to merge my two skin care passions — yummy, organic products that just make you feel and smell good, with medical-grade skin care solutions that transform your skin. These new products also fit with in our big goal of helping you live with more confidence and love the skin you are in. I think that self-care and nourishing yourself is important work that grows and enriches your soul.
I use my few moments when applying products in the morning and at night to breath deeply, take a moment to set my intentions and goals for the day, and focus on gratitude for the gifts that day holds for me. It is my tiny time for self-care and I love using these products to not only care for my skin, but for my spirit as well.
So what is my skin care regimen now that I am mixing medical-grade and organic products?
- I love using a Cleansing Oil to wash my face. It doesn’t over-dry and yet my skin feels perfectly clean and ready for a fresh palette of products and make up.
- Next I use a Vitamin-C serum to protect my skin from breakdown. I love the CE Ferulic from SkinCeuticals.
- I use the theory that products should be applied from lightest consistency to heaviest, and so next I use the Huile Absolue from Patyka. Huile Absolue is the original skin care oil and is still made in France from all organic ingredients. It smells and feels delicious.
- I then apply Clear, Obagi’s hydroquinone product.
- Depending on how my skin feels, I may top it off with the Essential Balm to seal in all the yummy goodness of my products.
- Next I use a sunscreen. I love Elta sunscreens, as well as the tinted sunscreen from SkinCeuticals. Once these are set, I am then ready to apply my makeup and head out to work.
- I love using a few moments of my evening time, after my kiddos are (finally!) in bed, to nourish my skin and reflect a little bit on my day.
- I again use the cleansing oil from Kari Gran, which removes all my makeup effortlessly.
- I then apply Resveratrol, an antioxidant meant for evening use, from Skin Ceuticals. Once that has absorbed, I apply the
- Overnight Serum from Patyka, which heals my skin and seals in moisture. I then apply Blender, Obagi’s evening
- Hydroquinone product, to make sure my complexion stays clear and radiant. I then apply Retin-A, probably the most important and effective tool in my skin care tool kit. Retin-A should be used only at night, as it increases sun sensitivity, and you must wear sunscreen during the day when using Retin-A.
- Finally, if I am feeling dry, I love to apply the Essential Balm to seal in all my products.
And for a last, lovely, step, I apply our amazing, unique, organic Lady Suite oil to my “lady parts”. It soothes this sensitive skin, decreases irritation, redness and ingrown hairs, and improves coloration. It also helps me connect with myself as a woman.
Now I am ready for bed, and while my skin nourishes itself overnight, my soul (hopefully) gets a little rest.
I love using several products, but you can certainly simplify this regimen, if budget or time requires it.
Our staff is always here to help you develop a skin care ritual that works the best for you! We want you to love the unique skin you are in!
*Results may vary from patient to patient